We're Involved In Our Community
Contribution At The TeamTeam & Corporate Level
Patient News Community Ambassadors
At Patient News, we've always been committed to giving back where we can. We believe in education, positive oral health and the dental industry and the community where our headquarters is located.
We have a full team of volunteers that dedicated time to public relations, helping others and giving back. They're connected with what's happening in our community, in the dental industry, the direct marketing field, and with our clients, your patients, and our team.
We've got great people, and they're constantly researching and selecting unique community events, coordinating groups of participants and sharing their effort with our team, and you, our clients.
Our ambassadors have:
- contributed in organized food drives
- supported our local volunteer dental clinic
- helped to raise funds for breast cancer awareness
- taken on ownership for the cleanliness of a strip of our local highway
- organized candy buy back at Halloween
- sent care packages for our troups in Afganistan
- helped under-privileged kids in our community with back to school items
In particular we're proud of our support of Haliburton's Volunteer Dental Outreach clinic. It's their mission is to assist people who have neglected their oral health and don't have the funds to afford regular dentistry to get their teeth and gums back to a condition where regular dental visits are an option.
Many of these folks are in pain and have been to the hospital on many occasions for their severe dental infections. Spearheaded by Dr. William Kerr; he and many volunteers have worked diligently to create a $300,000 dental clinic on a $30,000 budget, and they have provided almost $200,000 worth of free dentistry. These patients have not had access to treatment, they experience fear or anxiety, so have never had proper dental education - about even the basics of care. Patient News is pleased to provide the Volunteer Dental Outreach with their own customized, educational newsletter.
Patient News Cares
We support various staff driven initiatives from food drives, to cancer walks to heart and stroke benefits. We've sponsored several dental missions contributing thousands of dollars to the wellbeing of families in Honduras and through Climb for a Cause.
In our community we have helped:
- Haliburton Storm Minor Hockey Association
- Hockey Great Walt McKechnie's Golf Tournament to support Prostrate Cancer
- Community Care for disabled individuals
- SIRCH Community Services
- Community Living
- St. Nicholas Macedonian Church
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Leap Organization (Dr. Bill Dorfman)
- Highland Prostrate Cancer
- Haliburton Highlands Stewardship Council
- Haliburton Highlands Land Trust
- The Weekend to End Women's Breast Cancer
- Children's Wish Foundation
Patient News and our staff are proud to support many charities at the regional, national, and international levels. In 2010 we became involved with the village of Kamengo, Uganda and have assisted by setting up 9 computer classrooms, kicking off a water project to replace dilapidated facilities, initating solar lights (to replace dangerous oil lanterns allowing kids to read and learn at night), as well as supporting much needed medical and dental treatment.
Request Info Today! 800.667.0268
Improve your marketing results NOW! Get expert advice and see for yourself.